This website is dedicated to good health.
I am a wife, a mother and an avid researcher. . . Inspired by pregnancy and the birth of my son to become educated about what is in our food & products.
After working as a personal trainer, I was tempted to become a nutritionist but my research has led me to understand that there is no need to profit from health education. The key principals of good health are free. So I decided to delve into deep study, apply better practices to show the results, then share my findings for free.
There are so many good & proven ideas out there but some can seem intimidating to apply. There is also a lot of pseudo-science to sift out.
People often ask me how I stay thin and healthy. All I can say is that early on in my life, we had limited access to candy, we ate home cooked meals and we didn't drink soda. This helped create a good foundation for my future. For the past 10 years, after working in physical fitness & having a child, my research has helped me understand how the body works and reacts to different food and bacteria. Without even thinking about it, I instinctively eat healthy portions at the right time and in the optimum order. Combined with a little exercise, my body stays slim and my immune system strong.
I want to help people who suffer from the influx of mysterious chronic illnesses. Many people do not understand how connected their gut health is to their mental and physical well-being.
So what I post here, in a nutshell is;
- I am not trying to take the place of a doctor. My goal is to educate others about the bacterial eco-system of our digestive system and it's vital connection to our immune system. There is not a "fountain of youth" or a golden cup. Research the lifestyle of centurions, and you will see that a balanced, active lifestyle is what has helped most people live longer healthier lives. Very few of these centurions are vegetarians, vegans, fully raw, etc. However, quality of life can be improved if you are suffering from any of the ailments below, by learning about your gut health.
- I combine practices from HIIT exercises, Paleo, Body Ecology, Raw Foods & a little bit of GAPS but I do not adhere strictly to each. For instance, I believe Paleo has great concept but doesn't emphasize fermented food. I also prefer Body Ecology over GAPS because GAPS doesn't focus enough on fermented foods. However, GAPS is beginning to recognize the need for this so only use up-to-date info from them. Don't use out-of-date books or recipes.
- Where I favor Body Ecology Diet (BED), I do not buy into all of the product sales. But she gives feely with recipes to make your own fermented food at home. Also, a few BED ideas are backed by pseudo-science and some of the products are not necessary or practical for mid-low household incomes. However, this food-lifestyle is the most practical. You can choose to eat meat or be vegan as long as you focus on larger servings of mostly raw vegetables, but including lightly cooked & fermented. The 80/20 rule means: 80% of your plate will have raw, cooked & fermented veggies, while the other 20% can be meat and sprouted "grain-like" seeds (like quinoa) and healthy fats.
- We all have different needs and ailments which should drive us to decide how strict we need to be. Your body will tell you what is working or not. We just need to be honest when we examine our behaviors verses our results. If you have too many "cheat meals/snacks" with foods that exacerbate your symptoms, your body will react.... and if you want to forfeit a day of feeling better, then that is up to each individual. Just please think about your loved ones when it comes to these decisions. Eating healthier, and in some cases needing to be very strict with food, is hard at first. . .and may not cure all ailments fully. . . but it will improve the symptoms so you can be out of bed, with your loved ones. My goal here is not to insight guilt, but to PLEA with those in poor chronic health, to improve their symptoms.
- I do NOT focus on buying Products or supplements. I feel that we need to first focus seriously on our diet & exercise. Then, if there are any continuing symptoms after we've eliminated bad influences for quite some time, then we can see what we need to "add" for additional help.
- The most important thing I do is take the bullet points from each of these lifestyles that centers around food, being active & supporting good gut flora. We are bacterial beings and the foundation of our health resides in our gut. Much credible research is showing a MAJOR connection between good gut flora and good health. Bad gut flora is being connected to all of the ailments listed below & more! So my goal is to help people simply keep Candida in check and institute healthier lifestyle choices.
- I am not a certified nutritionist nor am I licensed to treat anyones illnesses. These are not suggested as a "fix-all"... However, these tips are proven to help sufferers of candida, reflux, Crohn's, digestive Issues, allergies, improving Type-1 diabetes, reversing Type-2 diabetes, weight gain, chronic illness, acne, mental fog & depression. As I experienced, it can also assist in healthy living, Pregnancy & children.
How to use this website:
Each tab above has a drop-down bar for further info... Open each tab in order. Open each category and each drop down list, in order. I designed it to start at the very foundation of good health, then work my way to providing practical recipes & tutorials for everyday application.
- If you're viewing the mobile version of this website, the button for the Tabs & links will be on the upper left hand corner of your screen. (Click on the small square with lines in it).
- If you're on your phone you can also choose to view the Web version. But a computer would be so much easier to read.
Please enjoy! I hope it will inspire healthier eating habits & awareness for you and your own loved ones!