Americans take a small dietary staple from another culture, then they "mass produce" and mass market it in large servings. . .as usual.
So what's the real scoop on soy?
- It is not eaten in large portions in the Japanese diet. The serving above is most realistic in their culture.
- Japanese traditionally serve it fermented, the real healthy way to eat it.
- Here in the states the non-organic Soy products are all GMO (genetically modified. (See GMO tab above for more info) making it very unhealthy.
- Soy is naturally an Estrogen Invader/ Disrupter so it is unhealthy to consume regularly for cancer sufferers, nor is it recommended or men or babies regularly.
How to Benefit from Soy
Eat it fermented. Found in...
- Natto (very pungent!)
- Miso (with live probiotic, no MSG)
- Tamari (fermented Soy Sauce)
Eaten this way provides the best source for Vitamin K2 which is very difficult to get into the diet otherwise. It is a major necessary vitamin! Combined with magnesium & Vitamin D3, K2 is a profound immune booster. This is the way soy was intended. . .not the overindulgent spin that Americans have put on it.