This page is a duplicate of the tab found under Candida tab. I put it here in the good practices area for those who have already done the initial cleanse but now visit this tab regularly for health maintenance and recipes.
If you are pregnant or diabetic. Do not attempt this fast. Seek help & opinion from your doctor.
For Type 2 Diabetics please read this style of fasting:
For Type 2 Diabetics please read this style of fasting:
Want to feel good, free from bloating & alert? Do you suspect that you may have Candida overgrowth which causes mysterious symptoms, brain fog, nausea, sugar cravings, weight gain...etc?
You can do a fast for free, to cleanse the gut of bad bacteria and yeast.
I don't recommend fasting just for rapid weight loss, as it can come right back. But I do recommend it for those who feel like they need to clean their bodies after a bout of bad eating or before they kick off a better eating lifestyle.
Fasting kills off candida, cleanses the liver & kidneys and gives your digestive tract a break. It can be done once a year or less than that if good eating habits are maintained.
Below are a few different options for different circumstances.
If you choose to fast, prepare for "die-off" symptoms. It usually kicks in around the third day of fasting. This is when the yeast begins to die off and your body will expel it, creating very strong flu-like symptoms. It's not fun, but it's worth it in the long run.
Don't fear this. . .embrace it, since it means it's working! Some people get worse symptoms then others depending on the amount of candida in their body. Drinking plenty of water will help flush it out faster and be prepared to stay at home and rest.
*If you prefer to avoid this type of flu-like die-off, you can try other Candida diets (as long as they on it gluten grains) or just strictly eliminate sugar, fruit, carbs, starches and dairy from your diet for many months. You'll experience milder die-off over a longer period of time and it will take longer to kill the Candida. Depending on how severe your health symptoms are, some may want immediate relief. . .but healthier people may opt for the slower/milder process.
For those who want to see immediate results, read on.
How to Kill Candida & Start New
Here is what your fast schedule will look like:
Thurs PM: Stop eating after 7:30
FRIDAY: No food all day. Drink lot's of water & sip broth
SATURDAY: No food all day. Drink lot's of water & sip broth
SUNDAY: No food all day. Drink lot's of water & sip broth
MONDAY: Food can be eaten except
- Before the fast, eat healthy. Avoid sugar, empty carbs, dairy & alcohol to prepare the body.
- Two weeks before the fast, make or buy some fermented veggies like raw kraut. The label must say there is "living cultures". Click here for fermenting recipe & tutorials.
- One week before you start the fast, make a nice strong vat of mineral rich Bone broth. Click here for the recipe.
- Begin your fast on a weekend when you don't need to work, when you can get help, if needed, and plenty of rest. Start on Thursday night while you naturally fast in your sleep.
- After you wake on Friday, do not eat all day. Keep hydrated with water. . .see if you can go another day. If you feel starving warm up some bone broth and sip throughout the day. On the third day (Sat or Sunday) "die-off" usually kicks in so be prepared to feel like your getting the flu! The feeling will last 8-24hrs, but subside by the next full day.
- During your fast avoid juicing. This may bring on harder "die-off" symptoms though. During candida treatment, it adds extra burden to you to "clean out" so aggressively, and you may possibly get diarrhea.
- Die-off will kick in around the end of the second day. Depending on how bad it was you may suffer nausea, a small bout of vomitting, itchy areas at your mucosal sites (where candida resides) like ears, sinuses, anus, vagina. You're tongue may get a white film. Just stay well hydrated and add a pinch sea salt to your water for extra electrolytes. Rest!
- Don't eat if you can, to give your digestive system a rest while it flushes out the dying yeast. You will also starve off the Candida much more effectively.
- After day three, proceed with a simple, small protein meal with salad topped with a small 1/4c serving of fermented veggies, rich avocado, raw apple-cider and expeller pressed & omega oils like flax. But for at least one week avoid carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no alcohol. Your die-off symptoms may reoccur during the week depending on how bad you had candida.
- Slowly incorporate fruit back into the diet after 2weeks to one month, depending on how bad your candida or illness is. By now you will be re-establishing good probiotic gut flora! Maintain a diet with very limited sugar and empty carbs from here on out. Eat your fermented veggies, 1/4 to a 1/2 cup twice a day with meals. You will feel better, more alert and lose weight much easier if needed.*
*Candida makes weight loss MUCH harder because it throws of your hormone balance, blocks absorption of nutrients and healthy omegas. . . and causes white knuckle cravings of sugar and carbs because the bad bacteria wants IT"S favorite food! Yuck!
Flush out Heavy Metals & Toxins
- Juicing celery and other greens daily aids in this. Make is a savory juice with only a little apple only, if needed. Ginger, lemon, basil & fennel will sweeten a juice up nicely. Click here for juice recipes. But remember to read these articles in order too!
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (RAV) and other antioxidants can be used daily to clean the liver. I like to add a small teaspoon of RAV to warm glass of water first thing in the morning and on my salads. Or you can drink a tablespoon straight then drink some tea. Balsamic and other sulfite vinegars are not the same as RAV which is fermented, rich in living matter.
For now, move on to the next drop-down tab under this category to find out how you can mildly cleanse your body form here on out. It can be done in your sleep!